Duff & Phelps Cost of Capital Navigator
The Duff & Phelps Cost of Capital Navigator is an interactive, web-based platform that guides finance professionals through the steps of calculating Cost of Capital, a key component of any valuation analysis.
Why to buy?
- Data accessible anytime, anywhere
- Data is available sooner
- Helps analysts take full advantage of the data
- Easy to save, review, update your work
- Enhanced, auditable outputs
- New version makes new features available that could not be done with a book
New 2019 Features
“Size” Tables Now Included: In 2019 the CRSP Deciles Size Study size premium table (and decile breakpoints) and the Risk Premium Report Study size premium and “risk premium over the risk-free rate” tables (and portfolio breakpoints):
- Are viewable within the Cost of Capital Navigator,
- Are included in the Navigator’s PDF outputs
Industry Snapshot: The Cost of Capital Navigator Resources section will include a new “Industry Snapshot” which provides key industry-level data (e.g., industry-level cost of equity capital estimates, industry-level betas, industry-level valuation multiples, etc.) from the Valuation Handbook – U.S. Industry Cost of Capital, as of your valuation date for the industry in which your subject company operates.
Excel Add-in: Already have your own Excel models and templates set up the way you like them to perform your valuation analysis? Then the new Cost of Capital Navigator Excel “Add-in” is designed just for you. This powerful new tool enables Cost of Capital Navigator users to directly import Duff & Phelps cost of capital data (size premia, equity risk premia, risk free rates, betas, industry risk premia and more) into their own Excel spreadsheets. Watch video to learn more.
Enhanced Outputs: In 2019, “Enhanced Reports” provide robust and comprehensive documentation of the user’s cost of capital assumptions, sources, analysis, and results. The enhanced reports will be available as an export to PDF and Excel.
Estimate WACC: In 2019 users can incorporate their cost of equity capital estimates into a weighted average cost of capital (WACC) computation
Size Premia and Risk Premia:
- CRSP Deciles 1–10 size premia, plus the 10th Decile split
- Risk Premium Report Size Study size premia and “risk premia over the risk-free-rate”
- Risk Premium Report Risk Study “risk premia over the riskfree rate”
- High-Financial-Risk Study size premia and “risk premia over the risk-free rate”
- Comparative Risk Study (fundamental risks of companies comprising Risk Premium Report Size Study portfolios)
- Spot long-term risk-free rates (from the Federal Reserve, updated daily)
- Duff & Phelps long-term normalized risk-free rate (adjusted for impact of flights-to-quality, actions of the Federal Reserve, and inflation expectations)
U.S. Equity Risk Premia (ERPs):
- 1926–present Historical (i.e., realized) ERP
- 1926–present Supply-side ERP • Duff & Phelps Recommended ERP (reflecting current point in business cycle)
- Industry-level betas (Full-Information, Vasicek-Adjusted, Sum, and High-Financial-Risk Betas)
- Industry Risk Premia for use in the Build-up method • Debt betas (for unlevering and relevering betas)
- List of companies used to calculate Full-Information Betas and Industry Risk Premia (updated quarterly)
- List of companies used to calculate “Pure-Play” U.S. industry statistics (updated quarterly).