Archived Reports NOW Included!
As a professional valuator, you need to understand your client’s industry. Unless you only concentrate on a few verticals, you will have to quickly understand completely new and unique markets well enough to understand the industry’s impact on your valuation.
- You could spend hours and days trying to compile industry and market reports
- You could use free Internet sources but many could be years old or questionable
- You may not find ALL of the required information (the size, the competition, whether it is growing or shrinking, etc.)—and you feel uncomfortable proceeding without it. Your credibility is on the line.
- Or you could save the time and purchase industry reports—but they are not the same, and some are priced way too high
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could instantly tap into one of the industry’s most comprehensive resources that is credible and up-to-date resource, get all the right kind of information you need in minutes, not hours or days—all at a price within reach…so you can complete this section of your report… then move on.
Perhaps you should consider…
A division of Dun & Bradstreet, First Research is a leading provider of industry intelligence over 1000 industry segments, merging data from over 85 million corporations and used by nearly 90% of the Fortune 500.
Why To Buy
There are five main reasons to consider First Research
- Comprehensive industry coverage
- Most accurate & up-to-date
- The RIGHT kind of information
- Fastest to integrate
- Affordable pricing & best value
Let’s review each of these in detail:
- Comprehensive industry coverage. First Research is the industry leader when it comes to market intelligence.
- Covers over 1000 industry segments. First Research provides industry profiles covering over 1000 industry segments.
- In-depth local, state and national industry information. Most First Research profiles include a comprehensive suite of local and national data
- Most accurate & up-to-date. First Research does the heavy lifting for you by consolidating data from hundreds of sources to create insightful and easy-to-digest industry intelligence that can be easily and quickly mined.
- Updated on a regular basis. First Research industry profiles contain critical analysis, statistics and forecasts typically updated monthly, quarterly or annually to remain current.
- Supported by a team of industry specialists. Many of the researchers have advanced degrees and 10-20 years experience in business writing about companies and industries, with deep knowledge in specific areas such as banking and finance, computers and telecommunication, manufacturing, media, retail, and real estate.
- The RIGHT kind of information. First Research has all the information you need in one place to help you quickly grasp how an industry operates, the competitive landscape and how your client stacks up.
- Complete industry snapshot. Now you can quickly grasp how an industry operates and who the main competitors are.
- Compiles regulatory requirements and outsides influences. Includes global pressures, applicable government regulations and business influencers.
- Industry performance with Financial Data. Detailed financial data and industry performance measures benchmark your client against industry peers.
- Fastest to integrate. Because you get the right kind of information, you can copy and paste the information directly into your valuation report—saving you time.
- Affordable pricing & best value. First Research is one of the most affordable industry reports—almost half the price of any major competitor (with more reports and much greater accuracy). When purchased through ValuSource, you get additional value (single source, single login, and you can usually find bundled discounts).
Now you can instantly tap into one of the industry’s most comprehensive industry resources, that is credible and up-to-date, and get all the right kind of information you need in minutes.
“We have found the reports to be a clear, concise, “one stop” resource for accessing current and pertinent industry data.” Clayton R. Lee, II Executive Vice President – Credit Administration, Regions Bank
“First Research helps us gain a competitive ‘knowledge advantage.’ We are able to quickly establish credibility… intelligently discussing key business issues.” Karen Goff, EVP, Manager Business Strategy, First Tennessee
Click here for a sample report that shows the kind of information you would receive from a First Research Report.
Industry profiles are updated continuously with real-time news and social information. A team of Industry Specialists constantly updates First Research Industry Profiles with the latest information and industry indicators. The industry profile content updates are implemented in constant cycles, with specific sections updated on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis with the latest data available.
Each month, every Industry Profile gets updated with the freshest statistical data, and every quarter our comprehensive Industry Profiles are reviewed and updated by an Industry Specialist. Profile features such multiple economic statistics, employment and wage data, and industry indicators are updated monthly so you always have the latest industry changes at your fingertips.
Use the centralized search box to search industry intelligence by keyword, SIC code, or NAICS code. The keyword search method is recommended if you are unfamiliar with industry codes. The whole profile library will be searched for the keyword.
Each number comes from the INFORUM modeling data base, which is built on historic data derived from official government figures. For example, personal consumption expenditure is derived data published by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
The graphic indicates the growth of industry revenue, value, or other drivers such as consumer spending (depending on Inforum indicator), relative to other US industries covered by First Research. The bullet sentences outline a few of the basic demand and risk factors influencing the industry.
SIC stands for Standard Industry Classification, and NAICS mean North American Industry Classification System. Both code systems were created by the government to classify businesses into industries. Hence, you can input either type of code and it will map you to an Industry Profile. The SIC & NAICS codes are listed at the top of every Industry Profile.
No, First Research focuses on Industry Intelligence, which reveals the trends, challenges, and opportunities within businesses in selected fields. Though there will be business specific information found in the Recent Developments section of a profile, the tool’s scope is focused on industry data.